Power Line Technician (PLT)
- A person who installs, constructs, alters, repairs, maintains, tests, services, and operates related overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems.
- PLTís work with high and low voltage
- PLTís work outside in a variety of climates, including storms, in order to repair power outages.
- This position initiates exposure to the Powerline Technical (PLT) trade, providing the knowledge and basic skills of the line trade.
- Applicants must have:
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Physical dexterity
- The capability of working at heights
- The ability to read and comprehend technical drawings and plans
Out of Province Journeyman